Actually, mahilig lang talaga ako mag-SWOT. This is how I “evaluate” events, which I learned during my org days. Best for projects, pero ginagamit ko rin sa maraming bagay.
Apparent naman that I am disappointed with how the Duterte government attended to the COVID-19 situation (remember how they said na hindi kailangan ng travel ban, whereas he could have stopped incoming flights the moment the first case was announced). I still believe that he didn’t need the “emergency powers” because there wasn’t much done with his current authority.
But anyway, I’m laying my thoughts down.
- He tried to be more diplomatic compared with his very first address to the nation (which was also visible doon sa huli niyang address).
- He said he won’t let the farmers and the health sector down.
- He, at last, acknowledged the efforts of the LGUs.
- May delegation naman ng task to the departments (but we have to wait for the content of the order).
- No action plan, which is very much needed (halos parehas lang ng previous address niya, actually). Ito talaga ang hinihintay ng tao, but there was none. No announcement on mass testing, no concrete plans ng allocation ng pera. Lahat ba ng pera nasa pagbili ng PPEs and medical supplies? He stated that he would use it wisely, but how would we know?) Sabi niya na ilalagay niya sa isang document lahat ng ito, but the people needs to hear it, sir.
- He romanticized the death of our health workers, whereas they died because of the government’s lack of urgency and incompetence.
- The report was supposed to be at around 4:00 p.m. Ang nangyari, halos midnight na ang report. Technically, nasunod niya ‘yong nasa papel, but still . . . it is never professional to make anyone wait that long.
- Kung may cabinet meeting, sana a day before the report nila gawin para hindi paghintayin ang mga tao.
- Baka puwedeng i-utilize ang Facebook page niya sa mga ganitong update so the Filipino people know where the money from his emergency powers is going.
- People were already expecting what his speech contains—a thing he cannot control. But maybe also an opportunity for his next speech kasi if he knows what we’re expecting, baka naman gusto niyang gawan na ng action ang mga iyon, ano? Baka lang naman, please lang.
Iyon lang. I’m looking forward to the documents he mentioned in his speech because that’s what we all want to hear. Anxiously waiting, sa totoo lang. I can’t go on with my usual routine anymore, knowing that doctors are dying, patients pass away without knowing their results while VIPs get theirs within a week, some people have nothing to eat because they are currently jobless, etc. I try to stay away from social media as much as possible for my mental health, tipong I only go online an hour or two for any news updates. I’m angry and emotional because I can only do so much—stay at home, wash my hands, donate, and hope for good news.
Kaya sana, please lang, we need to hear concrete plans. And we’ll keep on criticizing until the president does this. And soon, sana.
Anyway, makakatulog na ako, sa wakas.