I have been to Venice Grand Canal Mall—a mall in Mckinley Hill that is heavily inspired by Italy—a few times already, but I haven’t written a full blog about it. One rainy day in September, I decided to go there just to see if there were changes since the last time I visited (2017).
The place looks the same, except more shops have opened and more people have come to visit. If you’re a heavy eater, you’ll surely enjoy here, as restaurants dominated the entire mall.
There are so many things to do and places to go in Venice Grand Mall. In fact, I made a list so people who live far from here can maximize their time.
1. Hunt for these beautiful murals at Tuscany. These murals were nearby the mall, so I gave it a go. If you’ve been my reader since I made this WordPress, you already know my love murals.
2. Enjoy the symmetrical designs. Walk on the romantic pathways and take as many pictures as you want.
3. Take pictures with these wonderful artists. I found four of them during my stay, and I was still amazed on how much effort they put in their craft.
4. Look for the letter wall, a space dedicated to Juliet Capulet. And probably read whatever’s written there. You’ll a number of people in search for true love.
5. Go to the Ponte de Amore Bridge. Renew your promise of love with your partner by placing love locks.
6. Feed the pigeons at the Piazza. For Php 20, you may be able to buy food for them. Unfortunately, they were already full the time we went there and, according to the guide, “they went back to their home,” so be sure to go there as early as you can.
7. Take the boat ride for Php 250. It will be quite a short ride, but for experience, why not? You can buy the tickets inside the mall.
8. Eat at Cocolabamba, one of the many restaurants at Venice Grand Canal Mall. They serve Tex-Mex food that will surely satisfy your cravings.
Among all the restaurants in Venice Grand Canal Mall, Cobalabamba had the most Instagram-worthy interior. Their walls were inspired by Mexico traditions, the colors reminiscent of the movie Coco.
Their comfort room was neat (I’m not sure if I noted that they have a bidet) that I could not help but take a picture of their neon signage Hasta La Vista, Wiwi!
We ordered tipsy pork (Php 230) and cajun chicken (Php 250). The tipsy pork was delicious, an 8/10 perhaps. However, I could not really rate their cajun chicken (a 5/10 if I would) as it was too spicy for my delicate tongue. I remember asking the waitress if their cajun chicken was spicy, and she said no. I should have trusted my instincts. Check their menu here and their Facebook page here.
9. Lastly, shop and enjoy your remaining time inside the mall. That is, if your feet are still able to walk after a day of touring around McKinley.
Venice Grand Canal Mall
11:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m.
Garden Villas, 1630 Upper McKinley Road McKinley Hill, Cluster B, Taguig